The Original Nokia 3310 Sold around 126 Million units back in September 2000 before being phased out of production in 2005. A time before the iPhone and Android smartphone dominance when Nokia was king.
One Classic Popular device at the time due to its seeming Indestructibility and reliability is the Nokia 3310. Nokia-Branded phone maker has brought back that Nostalgia with a lot more colorful, with glossy yellow and red colors, and matte grey and dark blue models.
- OS: Nokia’s Series 30+ software
- 2.5G Calling, Texting and Internet along with the Opera Mini Browser
- Available as both single SIM and dual SIM variants
- Headphone jack for your tunes
- 2-megapixel camera with LED flash for simple snaps
- a 2.4-inch QVGA display and coloured screen
- 31 days in standby time and 22 hours talk time
- FM radio and MP3 player for music and the classic ringtone
- 16 MB storage3 plus a MicroSD card slot with support up to 32 GB
- a modern pre-installed version of the classic snake game
“The 3310 was the first mass-market mobile and there’s a massive amount of nostalgia and affection for it,” commented Ben Wood from the technology consultancy CCS Insight.
“So, the 3310 is a very clever move and we expect it will sell in significant volumes.”
“It’s almost like a digital detox or a holiday phone,” HMD’s chief executive Arto Nummela told the BBC.
“If you want to switch off to an extent but you still need to have a [mobile] lifeline, it’s a brilliant solution.
“Why wouldn’t you buy this like candy? If you see this hanging on the shelf at the checkout in a [see-through] package, then you’d just buy it as an accessory.”
HDM plans to have the New Device on sale Q2 this year, 2017 for a very reasonable price of around $52 (49 euros).